My 10-year survey of learning tools shows how many individuals are now using the Web to take charge of their own self-improvement – from addressing their performance problems to organising and managing their own professional development.
Whilst many organisations are not yet ready for their L&D teams to move away from a top-down training/knowledge transfer model to one of empowering and supporting self-reliant employees (and their managers) – which is what Modern Workplace Learning is all about – most are ready to consider how to design and develop modern training experiences. These are ones that are more inline with how people like to learn on the Web: in short sessions, using their smart devices, with and from others, both continuously and on demand, with a lot of choice, flexibility and autonomy over what they do and how they do it.
Our next 4-week online workshop, Modern Training therefore considers a number of ways of developing modern content and learning experiences – and covers the following topics
- Creating or curating a continuous knowledge flow
- Providing flexible on demand resources
- Facilitating social online learning
- Running learning campaigns
The workshop takes place entirely online during the period Monday 8 May – Friday 2 June 2017.
It models a new approach to facilitating a social learning experience as it is hosted in a private group on Yammer (an enterprise social network) rather than a learning platform – so that the focus is on being social, sharing your your thoughts and your work on the weekly tasks or activities. It also supports a very flexible approach to learning, in that you can participate when and how it best suits you; nothing is compulsory, and there are no deadlines – but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop.
You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work and how you fit it into your life. And as there are NO synchronous activities the workshop is suitable for any time-zone.
You will also receive a free PDF copy of my book, Learning in the Modern Workplace 2017 to use as a reference.
The cost of the workshop is £99
If you want to pay by credit card or PayPal, follow the payment instructions below. If you want an invoice and/or prefer to pay by inter-bank transfer, please email [email protected] Please note this incurs an admin fee of £25, and all payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date.
Payment instructions if you are paying by credit card or PayPal
Once you click on the relevant sign up link below and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- Click HERE to pay £99 for the Modern Training Workshop
- You will then be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay. Either Sign in to you PayPal account OR Check out as Guest to pay by credit card. Complete the form with your credit card details. You will also receive a payment receipt. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact [email protected]