Inge De Ward (@Ignatia) just asked me if I was up for the #blimage challenge!
— Ignatia Inge deWaard (@Ignatia) July 21, 2015
What is the #blimage challenge? Steve Wheeler (@timbuckteeth) explains
“You send an image or photograph to a colleague with the challenge that they have to write a learning related blog post based on it. Just make sure the images aren’t too rude. The permutations are blimmin’ endless.”
So Inge chose this picture – a drawing from the Belgian artist Yslaire.
Looking at this picture – these were the random thoughts that went through my head!
- how easy it is to become so absorbed in discovering something new on the computer – and how you can almost glow with pleasure from learning – the angel could quite easily be watching a YouTube video or TED Talk!
- how important it is to be connected with others, and how valuable computers have become to help us do so – our angel could well be on a Skype call, or taking part in a Google Hangout with other angels!
- but more significantly, that even in the most difficult of situations, where there’s a will there’s a way. It looks here, that our angel has had to go to quite a bit of trouble to rig up her computer to the Internet!!
The “learning” message for me, in this image, is that rather than put up obstacles to learning in organisations – unwieldy technology platforms, unnecessary logins, restrictive social media policies, etc, – we need to make it as easy as possible for people to learn whenever they want to – so that they can experience the joy of learning!
So are you up to the #blimage challenge. Here’s the image for your learning-related blog post. The challenge is open to anyone – but in particular I’m going to tag @JaneBozarth and my ITA colleagues @hjarche, @charlesjennings @quinnovator and @jaycross
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Modern Workplace Learning Magazine is launched - 16 January 2017
- Learning in the Modern Workplace is much MORE than courses and resources - 12 January 2017
- Empowering Employee-Led Learning (Online Workshop) - 10 January 2017