It’s National Learning at Work Week – so why not take the opportunity to find out about something completely different – and all for free!
Here are 20 ideas that cover a variety of topics and use a variety of approaches – some are courses but others use non-traditional approaches – they might even stimulate some ideas when developing your own projects.
- Big Think – an evolving roadmap to the best thinking on the planet
- Chef2Chef – learn to cook online
- ChessAcademy – a fun and easy way to learn chess
- Curious – a life-long learning platform
- DailyLit – Choose the book you want to read. It will show you the number of instalments to read it. Then read it via email or RSS
- Diary of Samuel Pepys – a daily entry or a monthly summary via RSS
- FiddlerMan – learn to play the violin for free
- HTML.net – free tutorials on HTML, CSS and PHP
- In Pictures – The simplest way to learn office applications
- Just Learn Morse Code – a free Morse code trainer
- Learn to draw – learn how to draw like an artist – from a professional artist
- Learn Tarot – learn to read Tarot cards
- The resistors – The use of interactive 3D technology to present a number of science equipment and experiments in an immersive way.
- Show me now – Fix the world’s problems
- The Library Infinite – Once you choose an archetype, you are shown many types of free software and web sites specifically chosen for your interest
- Learn typing – a free online typing tutor
- Unnecessary Knowledge – entertaining facts and information (which might or might not be true!)
- Walking – You will receive a daily email with a walking assignment, walking lesson, nutrition tip, healthy recipe, and motivational tip.
- Word of the Day – Sign up for FREE! It’s a great way to build your vocabulary for school, work, or fun.
- Zebra Keys – free online piano lessons
Want more ideas? Take a look at my collections of over 200 resources on How to find out about anything and everything (mostly for free) as well as 250+ ways to learn a language online.