As I prepare myself for an upcoming meeting on the Future of Workplace Learning, I have put together a simple slide to show what I see as 3 emerging services of the future L&D department.
- Content Production Service – creating courses and resources
- Learning Concierge Service – identifying one-size-fits-one solutions for ad hoc performance problems and ongoing professional development
- Connected Workplace Service – supporting continuous learning and performance improvement through knowledge sharing and collaboration
The question becomes as Production Services are increasingly outsourced in organisations, and L&D needs to move from organising learning for others to supporting self-organised learning, how ready are you to provide these new services?
The following two tabs change content below.
Jane Hart is an independent Workplace Learning Advisor, Writer and International Speaker. She is the Founder of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies and every year she compiles the Top 100 Tools for Learning list. Her new book Modern Workplace Learning: A Resource Book for L&D is now available. Find out more about Jane and her work at JaneHart.com.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Using an ESN for social learning (upcoming social online workshop) - 4 October 2015
- 10 Trends for Workplace Learning (from the Top 100 Tools for Learning 2015) - 2 October 2015
- Modern Workplace Learning: The book is now available - 1 October 2015