As I prepare myself for an upcoming meeting on the Future of Workplace Learning, I have put together a simple slide to show what I see as 3 emerging services of the future L&D department.
- Content Production Service – creating courses and resources
- Learning Concierge Service – identifying one-size-fits-one solutions for ad hoc performance problems and ongoing professional development
- Connected Workplace Service – supporting continuous learning and performance improvement through knowledge sharing and collaboration
The question becomes as Production Services are increasingly outsourced in organisations, and L&D needs to move from organising learning for others to supporting self-organised learning, how ready are you to provide these new services?
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Twitter for Learning: The Past, Present and Future - 31 March 2015
- 5 Stages of Workplace Learning (Revisited Again) - 30 March 2015
- Learners are learning differently; are you changing the way you train and support them? - 26 March 2015