As I prepare myself for an upcoming meeting on the Future of Workplace Learning, I have put together a simple slide to show what I see as 3 emerging services of the future L&D department.
- Content Production Service – creating courses and resources
- Learning Concierge Service – identifying one-size-fits-one solutions for ad hoc performance problems and ongoing professional development
- Connected Workplace Service – supporting continuous learning and performance improvement through knowledge sharing and collaboration
The question becomes as Production Services are increasingly outsourced in organisations, and L&D needs to move from organising learning for others to supporting self-organised learning, how ready are you to provide these new services?
The following two tabs change content below.
Jane Hart is an independent workplace learning advisor, writer and international speaker. She is the Founder of the Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies. Her recent book Modern Workplace Learning: A Resource Book for L&D is now available, which she supports with a range of online workshops. Find out more about Jane at JaneHart.com.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Organising Modern Learning & Networking Events - 23 July 2016
- 100 Twitter accounts for Philomaths (Lovers of Learning) - 17 July 2016
- The Inaugural Jay Cross Memorial Award goes to …. - 5 July 2016