As we count down to the big holiday season for Christmas and New Year, here is my review of November 2011. As I’ve already mentioned lots of articles this month in my posts of key social learning resources: part 10, part 11 and part 12 , here are 5 other great articles that appeared in November and which I added to my 2011 Reading List.
- The mobile world in 60 seconds, TechCrunch, November 2011 – a nice infographic showing what goes on every minute
- Insights from #devlearn, Paul Simbeck Hampson, 4 November 2011 – I was at DevLearn in Las Vegas earlier in the month, Paul wasn’t. But after two days of monitoring the backchannel tweets he was able to identify these top 20 insights.
- Why Is the Research on Learning Styles Still Being Dismissed by Some Learning Leaders and Practitioners? Guy Wallace, elearnmag, November 2011 – a great article that describes the research that debunks the “learning styles” myth
- 100 Tools for learning, Learning Chi, Ladonna Coy, 22 November 2011 – a fabulous analysis of the Top 100 Tools for Learning 2011 list
- 21st century skills are so last century, Donald Clark, 29 November 2011 – Donald, as usual, hits the spot.
And just in case you missed them, here are the 2 major things I did this month:
- I finalised the Top 100 Tools for Learning 2011 list on 13 November. Today, 1 December (18 days later) the presentation (via Slideshare) has been viewed nearly 59,000 times.
- I set up a new C4LPT sub-site – The Non-Training Approach to Workplace Learning – to aggregate all my posts and articles in this area – and support this emerging area of workplace learning.
Please note: there won’t be a December 2011 review but instead I’ll be producing my (4th) Top 100 Articles of 2011 at the end of the month.