For many years I have promoted and encouraged the use of free tools, content and other resources for those involved in designing, developing and delivering workplace learning or post-16 education.
I am now building an E-Learning for Free Information Service to create a one-stop place to access a variety of free resources not only to create different learning and performance solutions but to provide the best advice and best practice in doing so.
The site is still growing, but here are some of the resources available to view:
For creating learning and performance solutions
- Jane’s Directory of Free E-Learning Tools is a growing list of free tools suitable for those involved in developing and delivering learning and performance solutions. The tools in this Directory are listed both by category and alphabetically. Now contains nearly 500 free tools
- Jane’s Guide to Choosing and Using Free e-Learning Tools is an overview of the types of learning and performance solutions that can be created. This Guide will be developed further to provide advice on how to choose and use free tools to create the solutions shown.
- Jane’s Examples of Free E-Learning Content is a list of ideas of the different types of resources that are freely available online for all kinds of learning and performance needs, and are listed under a number of different categories.
To keep up-to-date with e-learning
- Jane’s Guide to Free E-Learning Books provides links to free e-learning books and book chapters to download
- Jane’s Guide to Free E-Learning Events is a list of events and venues where you can attend for free to find out more about e-learning.
And do let me know if you have any resources to add to the site.